Thursday, March 6, 2008

Antiquing and Eating!

Went on a road trip today...antiquing, shopping for art supplies, and eating!!! The grandson loved his book. I had to add several new things, a pocket for tickets, dots and X's to the spine, tabs on the pages, and oh, money in the ticket pocket. NO WONDER HE LOVED IT!!!! HA! He's a great kid, and the "girl" is, too. She's the budding artist, so I picked up some supplies for her, since their Dick Blick closed. So sad.....

Anyway, found a great junk shop, and I mean, junk....you need a tetanus shot to roam around in there, but it was soooooo cool. I loved it. And I found several antique pieces, and replicas of old keyholes that the guy put in a patina mix for me there! They really turned out great! What a guy!

Dinner with several desserts for everyone, and home~sweet~home. A good day was had by all......

6 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

Looks like you had a great day Linda
Nice Junk ,Love the keyholes
Jen

wendy vecchi said...

LOVE the rusty finds.
Sounds like a good day...a VERY good day!!
And no cooking = a wonderful day!
wendy

wendy vecchi said...

LOVE the rusty finds.
Sounds like a good day...a VERY good day!!
And no cooking = a wonderful day!
wendy

ginny said...

The book in the previous post is really wonderful, but that pile of junk...exquisite.

Catherine said...

Oh, I am drooling here! Those are some lovely keys. I added you to my favorite places...sorry it took me so long!

I'm loving your art, btw!

Unknown said...

Wow how gorgeous is this selection from the junk shop....ooh I do love junk shops xxx great find Linda