Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tim Holtz Altered Bird


I guess this is as good as my Tim bird is gonna get. So here he is. You can get these birds at Paper Imagery Designs...very reasonably priced, too! FUN!

The house is using acrylic paint and Ten Seconds Studio metal on the roof and sides. A few white Sharpie dots add a bit of interest.

The bird has wings and head gear from Vintaj. He looks a bit evil in his coloring, but I kind of like him. The TSS metal in bard red and rock star black has a bit of stability added with......you guessed it....GrungePaper!

The hardest thing to come up with was his feathery topknot. Very thin red wire. Wrapped and cut for the added height he needed.

Get one and make it your own!

UPDATE: A couple of you asked how I did the roof. It is the same Barn Red metal as on the tail feathers. It has been run through the Cuttlebug with a TSS mold. The differentiation in color is because of the sunlight angle. Hard to take good pictures of the metal for this reason....at least for me!

L

16 comments:

Linda Manning Findley said...

LOVE your bird and bird house ...... so sassy ...... Linda F

2amscrapper said...

You have got to be kidding me! This is a most incredible piece! How long did it take you to create all of that detail? Your work is fantastic, Linda!

Theresa said...

Linda: This is beautiful! I don't know how you come up with your ideas but your creations are stunning and this is no exception! WOW!

wendy vecchi said...

Love the bird...BEWARE...
The grunge is totally addicting!
Great job!
wendy

Lori said...

Fantastic! I was just thinking about metal and grungepaper the other day...now I know! I didn't know there were white sharpies, either...

ginny said...

This is amazing! How big is the bird? and is the roof metal too?
Awesome job. Linda.

Susan said...

Totally awesome!
Susan

Escape said...

Awesome! (as usual!!) Now we all have the birdies!! How did you get the design on the roof? Love that!!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I am running out of things to tell that you haven't heard before. Yet, I can't resist trying . . . Amazing work, Linda! You are just so talented and come up with so many beautiful ideas. And your work always looks so finished, so perfectly put together. I just live in awe of you lady!
marsha

Linda M. Cain said...

The roof is metal run through the Cuttlebug. It's hard to see with the glare. And the bird is about 6 inches according to the info from Tim.

Oh,and another ? was how long did it take to make this.....days!

The mold for the roof is a Big Mama from Ten Seconds Studio.

enjoy!

Sue McGettigan said...

So fun! Love your cool bird and his hip house :)

Sue said...

Love your bird.........and his perch is pretty cool too!!

Anonymous said...

Very Cool. Looooove the metal. I've got to go and get some birds and metalize them!
Cheryl

Hels Sheridan said...

I Googled model birds and came straight here...WOW I love your altered birdy, he is amazing...I am desparately trying to source some alterable birds...wish me luck! Thanks for sharing...Hels x

Hels Sheridan said...

It's me again... I just had to come back and say...THANK YOU...for mailing me and showing me where to buy the birdies...I got some...and I altered one...and now I need more cos they are very addictive! Thanks again ... you are a star! Hels x

Sherry Goodloe said...

Thank you for your help today! LOVE how your project turned out *smiles*