Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rollin' On The River

This is the Mighty Mississippi at night on Canal Road under the I-80 bridge to Illinois. It's gorgeous and the picture doesn't do it justice, but I tried the new camera's night setting and played with it a bit.

We were up in the Quad Cities again to see the Grandson Alex in The Music Man this week. Here is one proud Dad with the Conductor/Constable in the play. It was great to see him actually kick up his heels and dance! FUN!
The afternoon was free, so we tripped on over to the Antique Archaeologists, home of the Pickers, and ran into Danielle. She dances in a Burlesque show, too....Wonder how many people see me in this shot?!?!?!?! Yes I'm really there, too! What a neat gal! Frank and Mike would be lost without her.


This is a cool display there.



I loved this arrangement of vintage things. Have no clue what they really are.

The front of the the shop has several vintage motorcycles.



This piece is behind the desk. Great color combination.


I thought my daughter would get a kick out of this as she works for Phillip Morris. "Call for Phillip Morris!!!!"


This is a really cute little place along the main drag in LeClair where I went shopping for jewelry and Carmel corn.



This is a great restaurant The Crane and the Pelican. The shop owner also owns Artworks where I bought my ring. Very Vintage. Love old architecture.


Another wonderful trip. Did not get to Galena as it rained the next day and it's not a lot of fun there in the rain for me. We'll get there another time.
So until I have something of interest to show you....be well and be good to each other!
~
Your Friend in ART
~Linda

4 comments:

Lori said...

Eeekk! you got to meet Danielle! That's so cool! The shop looks really cool, and I remember the episode where they showed how they got that Philip Morris guy. Too cool. Sounds like a great time!

Unknown said...

Looks like you have a lot of fun. You have a beautiful daughter and what a lucky girl to have such a creative mom!

2amscrapper said...

You're back! Looks like a fun trip!

SusanK said...

Love watching 'the pickers'! I need to take another class (or more) with you. Lots of fun on tap and more inspiration is always welcome!