Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fall is in the AIR!

This is a blast from the past. If you've read my blog, this little guy was on it before....last year. But the Grungeboard pattern was perfect. I drew a pattern on paper and worked with it until I got it the way I wanted it. The paper in the background is Margie's from the Girls Paperie. LOVE it!

Then I transferred it to the GB. Cut, Distress Inked and added an embossed leaf using Ten Seconds Studio metal with the Hitch Fastener. A Tea light fits perfectly inside. The back is stapled with one staple in the center.

Use some Grungepaper for the vine swirlies and make green with DI. These are great on the table in a group for Halloween or get started early for Thanksgiving. Just have some fun and use all those supplies you had to have!!!!



Rain, wind, and storms....even tornadoes were in the Midwest last night. Power outages all over, but we were lucky to only have a hanging flower (quite large) take off in the wind.


I have been having a great time working with a Configuration from Tim. These little jewels are too much fun. I heard Tim told people on the cruise not to "overthink" things with them. Ha! I've gotten ONE little compartment done and glued. "OVERTHINK" is my middle name.


But these are great for using up all those wonderful trinkets you've collected from flea markets or LSS, but had no ides what to do with them. I am having a ball! Get these when you see them....they will fly out of the stores! Got a couple of mine at Scrapaganza in Davenport.


I'm playing in the studio and reading a new Trilogy by Ken Follett-Fall of Giants. I love historical fiction. So interesting.
~
So, just keeping in touch. Get out the supplies and play.
~
Create some ART!
~
UPDATE: Oh, and GLEE ROCKED!!!!!

10 comments:

lindacreates said...

love your pumpkin!

Susan said...

Your pumpkin is darling! Can't wait to see your configuration.
Susan

Sharon Margiotta said...

ahhh, sweet pumpkin!

SusanK said...

That pumpkin light looks so yummy!

Candy C said...

Hi Linda! I attended Tim's classes last weekend at Absolutely Everything and he DID tell us several times not to overthink things. Just "let it go", "don't overthink"...
Your little pumpkin is darling! Such a cute idea!!!

Lori said...

Love the punkin. Very cute! Can't wait to see your config. I'm sure Cari will have to do one once she sees yours..lol!

Netty said...

Great idea with the pumpkin Linda, I really like that. Can't wait to see your configuration....and how can we not help but overthink when something is so special to us... Ooh I haven't read that one by Ken F......will have to look out for that, I presume it is all in one book. Have a great weekend. Annette x

trisha too said...

Fun pumpkin!
:)

Jen Crossley said...

I so love this pumpkin too cute Linda

Sugar Lump Studios said...

somehow I missed this adorable pumpkin on your blog! how clever and amazing it is! have a great week! :)