Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Take on a Tim Holtz Configuration 5.5

After several retakes, as they say in the movies, and adjustments, I finally glued this baby together. Then I scraped the legs off, redid the color, the paper on the bottom (as I had ruined it), and put them back on.....whew...oh, the anality of it all. (my new word, and no, it did not pass the spellcheck test).


First I painted the whole thing black...didn't like it, so I took Titan Buff Golden paint and dry brushed it over the front edges. Shabby Chic effect maybe. I was going to cover where the cubbies come together with metal, but it drew too much away from the things inside. So I left them alone.



This compartment didn't pass the "taking of the pictures" test since the Foliage piece that's glued to a Memo pin didn't show up well. SO, out came the Paint Dabber and a brown pen to age it a bit. Worked for me. I aged the Accoutrement with some Hazelnut Alcohol Ink. The spool was raw wood, aged with Distress Ink and stamped on. Then I glued the Ruler Ribbon to it.


The raw wooden star has Crackle Paint, paper and Distress Ink on it. I used raw wooden blocks aged with Distress Inks. The X and O, for hugs and kisses, curiously had L and C on the backs....funny. The Curio Knob is glued onto a stack of inked wooden circles for height. All the papers on the outside are from Tim's Lost and Found stash.



See the piece of the fence holding up the picture of the children? Leftovers. There's a Tim Locket Key and Numeral. The Children in this box and the word Treasure are from Collections. All the rest of the children are from Tim's Distressables and Doo Dads that I have had for years!!!!! I LOVE them!


That's what's so cool about these little Configurations, you can drag out all this stuff you've collected and put them in the compartments instead of drawers where no one sees them!

Charm clips, Baubles, and a Keyhole are used here. The soldered Once Upon a Time charm is from Cecile Nichols. Thanks, Cecile! I thought it was perfect for this project. Tissue tape is layered over the front edges and Rock Candy Distress Crackle is painted all over the tape and outside papers.


The raw wooden legs were Picket Fence Crackled. I used Pumice Stone and Walnut Stain Distress Ink to age them. The numeral has several colors of Alcohol Inks on it. I used Eggplant AI on the clear Accoutrement for color. It's hard to see here....sorry.


I've only touched the surface of the all the things that are in this piece. The Stamp in the back of the 1st cubby is a Tim stamp I recently got. Some of the papers inside are from Collections and some are 7Gypsies Tissue paper from ages ago . There are antique pieces thrown in here and there, tulle, typewriter keys, and a bottle with a vintage label I bought somewhere.


So don't pass these little babies up when you see them, they will be gone in a flash. Hope you enjoy making one as much as I did!

Linda

30 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow hun what an amazing,project,this is some masterpiece oh bet its so,wonderful too sit and look at that all day I have got one,the smaller one but aim to get the bigger one this is amazing wow hugs cheryl xxxx

Linda Ledbetter said...

You'd better over CPR with this, because it took my breath away! ;-)

GORGEOUS, stunning spectacularness, Linda!

Netty said...

Where I come from they would call this a 'Humdinger' which means remarkable excellence. Its fabulous Linda, obviously a labour of love. Thank you for showing it. Annette x

Rachel Greig said...

wow - Linda this is gorgeous!!!! So worth the effort!!!

Kathy Eddy said...

This is absolutely to die for! i have got some stuff ordered to start a Christmas themed one myself. Anxious to get started.

Scrapthat said...

Oh Linda it turned out just fabulous!!! I want one now even more than I did before! TFS GREAT WORK!

Lynne Forsythe said...

JAW DROPPIN' GORGEOUS...and that's an understatement!!!

Lori said...

Wowza! Anality, I love it.... There are so many little elements here that make up the whole, a person can't even begin to describe it. It really turned out SUPERB, though! Just stellar work, as always! LOVE it!

Jen Crossley said...

OMG Its AWESOME LINDA

Lynn Stevens said...

I just new from your sneak peek this was going to be FABULOUS and I was right! WOWZERS GF!

Thanks for entering my giveaway Linda and best of luck!
hugs Lynn

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Oh My! I am so in awe that you have used one, and made such a stunning piece of art from it :))
I think my new year's resolution will be to use one! lol
Thank you for showing
xx

Helen said...

This is just drop dead gorgeous. Gotta get one and have a go.

Daniele said...

oh wow this is super amazing.......there is so many elements in each of the compartments
hugs

Nathalie Kalbach said...

This is amazing- I love it!

Nancy said...

What a WONDERFUL way to start my day - seeing this superb piece of art!! I LOVE all of the details!! Well done!!

Anonymous said...

absolutely stunning project Linda...thanks for sharing with us!! SHaron

SusanK said...

Very cool indeed! But I really thought the pictures were real..not just from Tim's collection. Neat-o!

Becky said...

I looove it! I purchased my first configuration yesterday and can't wait to get started. Yours is awesome.

Jack and Cat Curio said...

Fantastic! We love it! Great photos as well!

Bearcrazyman said...

In a word, Excellent!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

this is AMAZING! what a wonderful shrine with so many treasures tucked inside! gorgeous art! thank you for your inspiration!

2amscrapper said...

What a work of art! It was worth the wait to see the piece in its entirety. Your attention to detail really shows. And I learned a new word!

Oxana said...

Gorgeous work, Linda!!!!
Have a nice week-end!
Oxana

Art By Wanda said...

Linda, this is Fabulous!!!! Perfect!!!!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Well, all the hard work paid off because this is just extraordinary, Linda! Holy cow, you knock my socks off every single time I visit!

You know I think I love the "anality" of your style. It is so purposeful and neat and comfortable, perfect in every way. In this piece, I love the "works within the work" - each little niche to explore and then the overall is just as gorgeous as can be. You are still my idol, you Goddess you!

I didn't even get past this post and I have more catching up on you to do. If I don't get back in time to do so, I'll send my bestest wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving now. I know you'll have a wonderful time with your family.
marsha

Erin Glee said...

Every detail is "spot-on"! Yeah, we know why you are on Tim's Design Team!

Shoshi said...

I love your Art Linda!!! It's just great - and so is your whole blog!

I love your new word "Anality" - not surprised the spell checker didn't like it lol! Must add it to my list of fav words. It will have to be broken in so it gets established in Shoshi's world, which means it will have to be used A LOT each day!!

rosenrobrt said...

You made my day by comming here...I was watching Tim's vids and he mentioned you. Now I am going to have Weeks and Weeks of things to Enjoy.

Just sent a Facebook friend request.

Robert
Jacksoville, FL

Linda M. Cain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sissosaved said...

I love this, you are so creative. Thanks for sharing.