Thursday, February 3, 2011

Steampunk Clock - Graphic 45

I really had fun making this clock. Little needs to be said about the fantastic line of Graphic 45 papers Steampunk- Debutante. They are stunning beyond belief!!!

Unbelievable detail and color. Way to go G45! I know I've had this pad of paper for ages, but just didn't know what I wanted to do with it, so I thought about it. After all, Alphonse Mucha is my all-time favorite ARTIST! Gorgeous works of art I drool over.


This is one of my favorite sections. I used watch parts from my local bead shop Pumpkin Glass...worth a trip from anywhere. Taking a class in PMC there in a couple of weeks. Check them out!



Tim's Foliage and Sprocket Gears are scattered all around and a couple of gears Bill found for me.


Copper Metallic Mixatives brushed on the flower that's layered with a Timepiece and large Game Spinner. You can find tons of Ranger and Tim Holtz products at Joy's fantastic site Inspiration Emporium. And $5 shipping right now! Pre-order the new Alterations Dies, too!


Glossy Accents are on the wings of the dress form, the Rose, and the Time Flies piece. Also added it to the 2 butterflies for dimension. The large black wings are German Scrap from Red Lead.



Layers and layers of paper and chipboard. I just like to load it up. BUT be careful of too much, make sure that your clock hands will turn! Luckily I could arrange it so it still functions fine. The clock is from Bare Elements.


I added a bit of Alcohol Ink here and there to make some of the watch parts stand out better...see the turquoise colored winding knob.



This was the most delicate. Tweezers helped tremendously here. See the pointy gear to the right? Make sure it's far enough away from clock hands so it doesn't interfere.


All the papers came in the 12x12 pad. You MUST check out the 3 new lines at Graphic 45.........stunning, simply stunning!!! But I fell in love with the color combo in these papers the minute I saw them. Over-the-top gorgeous all by themselves.

Linda

28 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just incredible I too adore those papers,this is some awesome piece of art hun,hugs cheryl xxxx

Jan Hennings said...

Oh! This is a beauty and I'm lovin' all the new g45 papers!

217 Creations said...

Gorgeous Linda! I love G45 too! Your clock is amazing. Beauty and function!
Elizabeth

misteejay said...

This is amazing. I had to sit and just look at it for a while as there was so much to see. Another beautiful piece.

Toni xx

Netty said...

Really gorgeous and so much to look at. Its always such a pleasure viewing your masterpieces Linda and so inspiring. Annette x

Martha Richardson said...

I only have one thing to say...OMG...GET OUT OF HERE. Jaw dropping fabulous!

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!
One pad of paper I really wish I had!!!
Julie xx

Tolegranny said...

Fabulous Linda. Where did I put my papers...have to break them out and try some tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lori said...

Good grief, I think this is my favorite so far! Just love those yummy papers! What a wonderful job!

Scrap Vamp said...

Fantastic!!! Awesome use of those papers!

Rika said...

Fantastic art work, your clock is gorgeous!

Daniele said...

wow this is sooooo good, I love graphic 45 the images are so lush.
hugs

Helen said...

Linda, another beauty! I love this paper (Haven't used any of my pad....) I love all the detail here, so amazing. Display it proudly!

Lynn Stevens said...

Awesome Linda, I have this paper too and I just cringe when ever I cut into it, I just want to savor it! LOL
Hugs Lynn
You know I'm a sucker for Steampunk!

Kathyk said...

And your clock is too (stunning beyond belief) - FAB-u-LOUS!!!

Kathyk

Sue said...

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!

Martina said...

I find all of these pieces very powerful and moving, Linda. You combine elements in your collages so beautifully and uniquely. It's a pleasure to visit and to see what you've been creating.

Pam said...

Ohhhhh, this is gorgeous Linda!

Aimee Filimoehala said...

Beautiful work Linda, I love all the little details. Also, missed seeing you at CHA.

Aimee

Anonymous said...

fabulous clock. absolutely love it.

Art By Wanda said...

Wow!!! An amazing clock!!!

Unknown said...

What fun! I love the steampunk look and am inspired by all you do!

Charlene E. said...

How much you want for it? I don't think I could make anything so creative and gorgeous. You are so amazing.

Angie Lentz said...

I loove this line! You have done a wonderful job with it!! So inspiring!

Latoya said...

Wow! :oD

Gio said...

I love this piece.It's do inspirational!
Thanks for sharing!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Stunning piece! must check out these papers! xx

DW Peot said...

Linda,
I know that this comment is a bit late, since it's March now, I have to tell you what an amazing clock you created. Of course, the paper helps a bit too, but is just FABULOUS!
This morning, I finally dug my Deputant papers out and am starting to create. Your work is truly inspiring! Keep going girlfriend! Love it! Thanks for Sharing!
Hugs!
Deb