Sunday, December 18, 2011

Technique Tags

I decided to just play around today.

To start with, I wanted to use some of the mounds of stash that is laying on my table for Christmas before I put it all away.

These are not finished projects, just backgrounds you can use for tags or whatever.



This was REALLY FUN!!!!

1. Spray Large Manila Tag with water mister.

2. Swipe colors of Barn Door, Fired Brick, Mustard Seed, Pine Needles, and Peeled Paint across the tag....left to right with above colors. Let them blend.

3. Spray Chipped Sapphire Distress Stain on to Craft Sheet and pick up droplets of color with tag. (this is the dark colored splotches on the tag.)

4. Dry with Heat It Tool.

5. Emboss with Texture Fades set Christmas Background and Borders. I butted the smaller folder up against the larger one and ran it through at the same time to create the border.

6. Spray Sunflower sparkle Perfect Pearls Mist onto Tag. Then spray onto Craft sheet. Pick up color onto tag by dragging the spot you want into the color. Heat set.

This is, as with all Perfect Pearl and Glitter projects, soooooo much cooler in person. It's so hard to get the gorgeous shine on film...or on digital. Whatever.....

 This is going to be hard for me to cover up....


This one has less steps, and will be great for a background.

Here I used Copper Perfect Pearl Mists, and sanded the embossed area.

I like the contrast of the Manila Tag with the colors.

I also flicked some white paint onto the tag....could not find my brush for making snow, so I used an old coarse brush. Didn't work as well, but you get the idea.




You could leave it as is, or here I added some Gathered Twig Distress Ink to the raised areas of the tag and some Gold Paint Dabber.
Use what you have....CREATE ART!

Tomorrow I'll put it together for you!
Linda

8 comments:

Kaz Hall said...

Linda....looks awesome!! love the effect of the manila coming through, look forward to popping back tomorrow! Happy christmas to you too xx

kazx

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous. what a beautiful technique and finish to the tag Linda
hugs June x

suze said...

as IF you could ever make ANYTHING that wasn't terrific !!! xoxo

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Linda
These are just gorgeous Tags, I love the embossing, with all that distress ink, it is dramatic and colourful.
Smiles:)

Art By Wanda said...

All wonderful!!! I love making backgrounds and at times also have trouble wanting to cover them up!!

Netty said...

Loving the colours of the tags and the easy techniques, thank you for showing. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas Linda, x

Marijane said...

These tags are just gorgeous!!! I am a color-lover and these really hit the spot for me. I will be trying these after the holidays using a different texture fade.

anna christensen crafts said...

These are beautiful - the colours are so rich and jewel like - gorgeous