Monday, September 10, 2012

Designs by Ryn and 2 Classes!


 I was again given some gorgeous stamps from Ryn, owner of Designs by Ryn.
 
This time I got 2 Faerie Stamps..... a Christmas one and one with gorgeous butterfly-like wings.
 
It's hard to understand this one from the picture. Ever try to take a picture of a MIRROR???
 
I remember the shot on FB long ago of a guy trying to sell his dining room table on Ebay, I think. Anyway, he mistakenly took the picture of the table with a large mirror behind it....in the NUDE.
 
Well, long story short....no pun intended....it wasn't his best idea. A reflection in a picture is sometimes not a great asset to the picture!


 
 
The Faerie is stamped on gessoed Shrink Plastic. I lightly set the Jet Black Archival Ink with the heat tool and then cut it out. I wanted to leave a border in this case.
 
Then I used various Distress Markers and Tombow Markers to color her in.
 
Shrink the piece and edge with Copper Stickles.
  
 
 
This shows the mirrored paper better.
 
If you haven't seen the new Mirrored sheets from Idea-ology....OH MY! They are amazing!!!
 
I got a couple of sheets and hadn't yet figured out what to do with them, but I thought a Christmas ornament here would be kind of cool.
 
So, using the green ornament from Graphic 45  Nutcracker Suite Stickers, I cut a piece of the Mirrored Paper and added it to the back.
 
The SP piece is glued onto the mirror and layered up with pop dots. I added the Jewels and Silver Nailheads for more bling.
 
The  Gingerbread Delights paper is hit with some Tea Dye Distress Ink and added to a chipboard ATC for the background.
 
Last add some gold lame trim to the top and bottom.
 
 
 
 
This Faerie was stamped on Specialty Stamping Paper with Black Soot Distress Ink and embossed with clear Super-Fine Detail Embossing Powder.
 
 
Both the background and stamped paper are sprayed with Perfect Copper and Turquoise Perfect Pearl Mists.I wanted the Faerie to be "slightly blue and sparkly." I also used markers for coloring in spots.
 
Then I used Perfect Medium Pen and colored inside different sections and pounced various colors of dry Perfect Pearls into the spaces.
 

 
 This is taken with very different light to show the copper and turquoise mists on the paper. They don't show up well in a regular photo.
 
I cut out and punched the background paper and layered it all onto a gorgeous yellow-orange piece of paper.
 
 


The flowers are cut from Crinoline and painted with Dylusions Inks and highlighted with Ice Stickles. The center flower is also painted and diluted with water to spread the color.
 
The leaves are hand-cut from Sticky Back Canvas and decorated with Dark Chocolate Liquid Pearls and Silver and Gold Stickles.
 
The Enchanted Wordstrip phrase from The Darkroom Door collection Art de Fleur is layered onto black chipboard.
 
Penmarks add a border to the edges.

Now, the info on the classes are as follows.....the Standing Curio and Embossed Metal Canvas classes are on for October 20th at the Scrapbooking Studio in Bloomington, IL.


And they're scheduled for Nov. 3rd in Moline, IL.

These are both great projects for Christmas gifts. So Save the Dates!

 
 


















So my Friends in ART, check out the various links here, and look at Ryn's wonderful stamps.


 
Linda

5 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow Linda ! Both Faerie designs are gorgeous ! I love all the detail on both the card designs & images. The glitter techniques etc on the wings of the Draonfly Faerie is wonderful. I love Ryn's beautiful Faeries and you certainly showcase them well ! Shirley ps.. the class projects look beautiful as well :)

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hello Linda, I am so happy that you decided to play with my stamps again. You used the faeries beautifully in both pieces :)

The papers that you chose to compliment Ornament Faerie are great! Also love that the circular frame around her matches the ornament she's holding. Good eye! Great colours in the Dragonfly Faerie card. Love what you did with her wings :)

Many many thanks! Ryn

Marijane said...

Oh Linda, more lovely creations using the stamps by Ryn! I've fallen in love with her stamps since seeing your "water droplets/moth" tags a couple of months ago, and once again you've created beautiful art with them. Your attention to detail is inspiring and I always love that Graphics 45 paper. I am so glad to see that you are teaching classes at both the Scrapbooking Studio stores! Both stores are amazing and I will definitely try to attend your classes at one or the other.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOL! I so remember that photo of naked ebayer!!! These are great images and fab cards using them!

Lori said...

Gorgeous! I still need to get her raindrop stamps...lol..