Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Trying to Keep it Simple - A Simple Tag

I like to make what I call a "simple tag"....layers of colors, stamps, pen ink...and a couple of 3D pieces.
 
So I started with a new #12 manila tag. Sprayed with Dylusions Inks.
 
The cool thing was, I sprayed these colors over a piece of paper I'd previously sprayed with Copper Perfect Pearls....hence...when I flipped it over to blot it....a bit of copper adhered itself to the tag. LOVED it!
 
 
 
 These are some of my FAVORITE stamps of all time that are again available from Stamper's Anonymous.
 
Priceless TREASURES!!!
 
 
 
I used Black Soot Distress ink and embossing powder on all these images.
 

 
Different parts of the tag before I added the white pen marks.


 
I loved it without anything else....but I had to add a bit of white.

 
I glued it to a piece of black chipboard for stability.
 
The 3 pieces of laser-cut gears are from Paper Whimsy. The top one is Distress Stained, the other 2 are painted with Liquid Pearls. Then stamped with Archival Ink.

 
The colors are bright...and perfect when they run together.
 
White pen marks are so much fun to add here and there to break up the color.
 
 
 
 
The green gear is a bright eye catcher in the corner breaking up the white pen marks.
 
I have always loved this stamp...I'm so glad I finally got to use it. Classic!
 
Be Well and Be Good to each other!
 
Linda
 
Products Used:

25 comments:

Dana Hobbs said...

Don't you love when accidents happen---and they work with or make your project better? Just puts a smile on your face!
I didn't know anyone else made gears except for our loved T!m---glad I saw it on your blog! I will have to visit Paper Whimsy and take a look!
Thanks for sharing...and inspiring!

Hels Sheridan said...

Cor, this is LUSH Linda... loving all your latest deeeevine creations x

Kathie said...

The floors blend so beautifully! I love happy accidents!

Kathie said...

I typed Colors. I hate auto-correct!

Netty said...

Loving these fab colours and design Linda, beautiful work, x

Martha Richardson said...

Love this Linda, the colors & the embossing...yummy! and that dragonfly stamp is also one of my favs....had it forever!

Julie S said...

Such a beautiful blend of colors. And you're right. The white is the perfect touch.

Elaine A said...

Simple my eye Lind - LOL! This is simply breathtaking! I love it. And I am so glad that these stamps have been re-released.

Elaine

SusanK said...

Stunning! I gotta break out the bright colors soon even though my fave palette is autumn tones.

Kaz Hall said...

Agree with above comments Linda.....this is just beautiful x

snazzyoriginal said...

Simply stunning, the white pen lines just pop xx

Helen said...

A beautiful tag. The white does enhance the whole thing. I love that effect.

Maria said...

Don't you just love those little "happy accidents" like with the Copper Perfect Pearls! Love it!

Lori said...

Wow! Simple is good, and something I think I can handle. lol. Love the bright colors, and didn't I buy that set at Stampaway? I think I did. lol...love those gears too, must check into those! Fab work as always, gf!

Michelle Webb said...

Love the colours Linda, the stamping too, and the white pen doodles are brilliant. Michelle x

Tracey-B said...

What a lovely tag using some of my favourite products!

Marijane said...

Gorgeous tag! I just love the way you combine colors and eye-catching details - it's a beautiful thing!

Sharon Y said...

Wowie! I looooooooove this tag! The colors just pop and the accents are just perfect. This stamp is on my wish list. Always look forward to your newest creation!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Doesn't look so simple!!! But simply gorgeous for sure...love the colors and the texture of the dragonflies!

Art By Wanda said...

A Gorgeous tag, Linda!!!!!!!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Totally beautiful, Linda!

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great tag, love the colours and how they have blended ...love the way you have used this style with this style of stamp, great idea! Trace. X

Caroline said...

OH MY GOODNESS..... Wow!! Totally stunning! I just love the whole combination; colours, stamps, cogs & yes the white pen has fantastic effect. Thank you for inspiring :))

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I would never have thought of adding the white...but you are right, it is perfect. It helps lead the eye all the way through the tag so we don't miss one delicious detail. fabulous.

Wendy said...

Fabulous tag, love the dylusions colours together! The white pen just makes it all 'zing' together, great stuff! x