Monday, September 16, 2013

Tim Holtz Stencils are in the House!

Just a few pictures of the 6x12 piece I made with the new Stencils from Tim Holtz.
 
 
 
 
This is on Manila Cardstock and the base is Distress Inks of various colors.
 
 
Then I used the stencils to add a layer of Grunge Paste or stencil paste, here and there.
 
You can also see the Copper Inka Gold here, but not the wonderful shine it has.


 The stencils were used again with Distress Ink and Clear Embossing Powder.

Distress Markers add the shadows.


More Stamps, Inks, and several Distress Markers show up here with a side angle.
 
I layered it onto a piece of Black Chipboard.

 
Looking down you can see the texture of the Grunge Paste, with inks and stamps added over them.


The last thing I added was Inka Gold. The only way I know to show metallic paint is to have another light source hitting it.
 
So this is a shot under a regular candescent light that shows the Inka Gold...Gold and Copper on top of the stenciling.
 
I LOVE how this turned out. Stencils are so much fun to play with.
 
Linda
 
Products Used:


15 comments:

Helen said...

I managed to buy a couple of Tim's stencils last week, they are fab - love all the layers you've got on your card piece here

Sharon Y said...

Adore this tag! Excellent layering of color and texture. I'm waiting for my LSS to get the stencils in so I can play too.

Debby said...

Love this piece! Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Oh really nice Linda. xox

Words and Pictures said...

So cool - love all the layers, and the embossed lettering is so glossily fabulous!
Alison x

Vic said...

Great showcase of the stencils.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Linda. Am dying to get my little mitts on those stencils! Thanks so much for tickling my mind . . .

Greetings from France - Sally

S@ndy Diller said...

Linda
I really like the layers you provided on this piece. The colors are great and don't you just love the stencils?
Very nice.

silvergran said...

Fab textures and colours!

Unknown said...

Something like this never gets old to look at. Nice job!

Kathi said...

So fabulous. I love all the layers, textures, and colors. Lots going on but blends to a cohesive detailed piece!

Anonymous said...

Love that. The layers look fantastic.

Art By Wanda said...

Love this!!! How is the grunge paste different from embossing paste?

Lindart said...

Just bought 3 stencils - looking fwd to using them!

Marjie Kemper said...

Scrumptious! Lovely in every way.