Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Little Bitty Valentine

Well, more snow is on the way for the Midwest.
 
Can't say as anybody here  wants any more, but it's coming none the less.
 
I had a bit a go with the Shabby Microslide Collage Sheet today and a Flaming Heart Cutout from
 
 
 
This is a plastic slide with a drilled hole I've had for years. I added the Collage image with Wonder Tape, stamped a little swirl at the top and bottom, and then pushed the slide into Clear Embossing Ink.
 
I rocked it back and forth a bit to get good coverage and then tapped it into a pile of Gold Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel aka UTEE.
 
Heat it gently with the Heat-it Craft Tool, add a jump ring and a Vintage Ribbon for a simple pendant necklace.
 
The back was painted and stamped and the Winged Flaming Heart is painted with Fresco Paints. I added a tiny Dew Drop and some white pen. The white was too harsh so I toned it down with Tea Dye Distress Ink.
 
  
You could also use a glass slide and add this to a card. This sweet little gal is precious. I added a bow of Crinkle Ribbon I died with various dark  Distress Inks and a tiny Skeleton Key Charm.
 
You can also get the Microslides from Retro Cafe Art here in all kinds of styles!
 
That's it for today. Stay Warm Central Illinois and the rest of the World!
 
Linda


13 comments:

Lori said...

Very pretty Linda! Love the UTEE around the edges...cool!

Marijane said...

Both are just darling! You've shown, once again, that the best things come in small packages

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pieces & great gift ideas. I also love the gold UTEE.

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

This is so sweet Linda! I love the edges with the Gold UTEE! I'm going to have to try that!

Unknown said...

Love how you made the gold utee look like solder! brilliant!!

Jo said...

This is stunning, and i also am a fan of the way you used the gold utee!

Jann said...

Love your Valentine micro slides! They are beautiful--years ago, I made little glass slides for friends for Christmas and soldered the edges. I haven't done this in a long time, but was thinking . . . hmm, I have a box of glass slides and maybe I should try using your technique--I'll let you know if it works!

Kathie said...

They are gorgeous! I love how you used the Utee!! I have to try that!!

sara j said...

I literally said oh LOVE out loud when I saw the first one...what a good idea for this time of year - and so nicely executed!

Gráinne said...

This looks so very awesome, love it to pieces. I bet it looks even more adorable irl. Great work. Have a great weekend, Suzanne x

Kathi said...

Those are lovely!

Teresa said...

Tried this over the weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sandy said...

The one positive thing about being so far behind in my snooping, is that I can really soak it all it like sopping up gravy with bread! I love this Linda - you are so dog gone talented!
sandy