Monday, May 11, 2015

Finnabair Santos Doll for Prima Blog

There's nothing like a gorgeous stamp to make me really, really happy!

I'm a true Stamper at heart and the Finnabair stamps just make me smile.
I used these gorgeous cling stamps to showcase a piece that you can put on your desk or mantle and enjoy every day.

Here's my contribution for the 
  

All stamped images are done with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink on Specialty Stamping Paper for a beautifully permanent and crisp image. This cling stamp fits perfectly on the small Mermaid Santos Doll. The Wood-mounted stamp is just a bit smaller, but would still work. 
(I didn't use the tail, wings, or water, but you can always do whatever you like)


The Butterflies are stamped and cut out along with the Finnabair image. They are then colored with water-based pens that I blend with a waterbrush. 

The base is one of my favorites from the Trust the Magic collection. 


All the Masonite pieces of the Santos doll are painted with Fresco Chalk paints and stamped with Jet Black Archival Ink. I added the background stamp from Rust& Dust with Geranium Archival Ink.

The phrases from each of the collections are perfect for the legs of the doll.


I trimmed down the stamped image to fit the doll base. 


I stamped butterflies from Don't Forget to Fly and Rust & Dust using large and very small stamps. The little ones and the flower are added with 3D Matt Gel.

The larger Butterflies are taped to a piece of invisible thread and hung from the center base slot.  White pen dots make a bit of a statement for contrast.

Prima paper flowers add to the Spring feeling of beauty.

Don't forget to jump over and see the other 
Finnabair Creative Team 
projects on the 
They are too gorgeous for words....I promise you!

A Treat for the Senses!

Linda
Prima Products Used: 

Prima-Art Basics – Heavy White Gesso

Prima-Art Basics – 3D Matte Gel

Other Products Used:
3D Articulated Mermaid Santos Doll-Small
PaperArtsy Fresco Chalk Paints
VersaFine Inks
Ranger Archival Inks
Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper
Tombow, Sharpie, and Distress Pens
Brush Water Pen

8 comments:

Helen said...

Stunning!! I love those stamps of Finn's (I treated myself to a few sets, ha ha!!)

Kirsten said...

That is so gorgeous.

Lizzy Hill said...

This is sensational! LOOOOOVE how you've added all the stamps to create your fabulous girl.....just GORGEOUS:):)

Jackie PN said...

Very cool Linda!!

Unknown said...

Really amazing - wow. j.

Linda M. Cain said...

They are gorgeous!

Linda M. Cain said...

Thanks Lizzy!

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda,
This is gorgeous! You have the best ideas and techniques. I learn something each time I visit your blog! Thanks for sharing!