Friday, October 6, 2017

Cherish the Children and a Chance to Help

Short and Sweet today.

This is a tag that I created using the 
Distress Oxides Inks from Tim Holtz.

I found a few of these while on vacation in Minnesota and 
decided now was the time to try something new.

Why not? They were on sale. The background was so yummy
that I really had a hard time covering it up,
BUT it had to be done.

Here's a look at the results.


I watched a couple of videos, one especially great one is from 
Thicketworks with Heather Tracy on the Graphics Fairy.

Check it out. But I also used a few different techniques of my own
to get more contrast using different inks.


I hope you enjoy the results and find time to play this weekend.

We all need to just break away from the drama of reality
and playing in my Studio is even more important today
than ever.

Now I'm off to buy candles and batteries to send to Puerto Rico by
way of Milagros C. Rivera who is desperately trying to help
her people there after the hurricane.

Sandra Evertson's post in above link tells of their need for batteries, candles,
matches and other things. A USPS Flat-Rate Box is considered US shipping.
So pack one up and send it if you can.

You can send them directly using the USPS to:
B5 Conquistador Ave.
Fajardo, PR 00738-3715

Be Well and Be Good to Each Other....
We're All We Have.

Linda

3 comments:

Heather said...

Your Distress Oxide techniques are one of a kind, my friend...and this tag is a vision of loveliness.

What a beautiful way to highlight the work being done by Milagros. She is a warrior of such strength and insight. Thank you for the information, Linda. xox

Linda M. Cain said...

She absolutely is! Just sent mine. A note: no lithium batteries or lighters. But matches and batteries are OK.

UplayOnline said...

this tag is a vision of loveliness.


ทางบ้าน